What is the Evaluation Peer Learning Cohort?
The Evaluation Peer Learning Cohort (EvalPLC) is an interactive technical assistance opportunity, comprised of cross-agency representatives from four to six states. State teams who represent core WIOA programs will collaborate and develop evaluation action plans designed to conduct and implement state and/or local research and evaluations.
- Learn from experienced evaluators, state and national subject matter experts (SMEs), and each other as they develop an evaluation plan.
- Use the Evaluation Toolkit: Key Elements for State Workforce Agencies and two evaluation assessment tools to build evaluation capacity, the
- Evaluation Readiness Assessment - designed to help assess the degree to which your state is ready to implement research evaluation activities and projects; and
- Evaluation Design Assessment - developed to support states in designing a plan for evaluation.
- The EvalPLC will also exchange ideas to support the creation of other evaluation tools and resources to enhance evaluation capacity for workforce system.
What will the EvalPLC activities include?
- Virtual meetings that provide State Teams space to focus on using research and evidence to develop evaluations;
- Support to identify your state’s readiness for conducting an evaluation;
- Information to identify evaluation questions and develop an evaluation action plan;
- Expert coaching assistance throughout the EvalPLC sessions to improve evaluation capacity during the meetings;
- Involvement with a small, committed group of peers sharing experiences, to consider challenges and opportunities, learn from each other, and shape your resources and future investments to conduct evaluations in your states.
What is the EvalPLC timeline?
Over the course of 14 weeks, the EvalPLC will use virtual 90-minute work sessions to build knowledge, facilitate peer learning, and develop specific action steps as part of a plan to conduct core WIOA program evaluations.
How can my state participate?
All states are invited to apply to participate. States that are engaged in any or all stages of evaluation planning activities are encouraged to apply. Up to six states will be invited to be part of the EvalPLC. The following criteria will be used to help identify the EvalPLC state participants:
- Geographic diversity and state size/population density;
- Presence of state decision-makers on the team; and
- Representation of WIOA leaders at the local and state levels and from partner programs
Learn more by reading the full EvalPLC fact sheet and timeline in the Related Content section to the left.
**UPDATE! Applications are no longer being accepted. (closed November 8th, 2019)
If you have questions or need additional information or assistance regarding the Peer Learning Cohort, please contact EvalPLC@safalpartners.com